Application for Licensure by Universal License Recognition
Complete an application for licensure by universal license recognition if ALL of the following apply:
- You have proof of established residency in Arizona
- You currently hold a license as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant in a state other than Arizona and have held it at least one year
- You have no disciplinary actions against any occupational license you have held
- You are not currently under investigation by another board in another state
Practice Is Prohibited by Law Prior to Issuance of a License. Applicants Are Urged to Not Enter Into Irrevocable Contracts, Purchase, or Sales Agreements on the Assumption That Licensure Will Be Granted.
According to Arizona Administrative Code R4-43-205.C., the Board has 60 days to review applications for licensure.
Please read the statement regarding disclosure of criminal history prior to completing your application.
Follow These Steps to Apply for a License:
- Read the Board's Statutes and Rules. At the end of the application, you will attest that you have read these Arizona Revised Statutes and Rules and agree to be held accountable for any actions that may violate these Statutes and Rules. About Us
- Have your fingerprints rolled onto form FD-258, which can usually be obtained at your local law enforcement office. Mail this form to the Board office (address below). For fingerprint clearance cards, please go to: https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/fingerprint. THE BOARD DOES NOT ISSUE FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE CARDS. Fingerprint Form Instructions
- Complete your Statement of Citizenship form. (Arizona Revised Statutes § 41-1080 requires, in general, that a person applying for a license must submit documentation to the license agency that satisfactorily demonstrates the applicant’s presence in the United States is authorized under federal law.) Statement of Citizenship
- Scan the document that proves your citizenship status. List of Accepted Documents
- Request verification of licensure from all states you have held a medical professional license, including those that are expired. You may use the forms provided by the other states, or our form. Verification must come DIRECTLY from the state. You Must List All Licenses You Have Held (Current and Expired) on Your Application. Failure to Do So Will Result in a Delay in Processing Your Application. Verification of Licensure
- Scan proof of established Arizona residency. Examples: purchase contract for home, lease contract, utility bill, driver's license.
- Scan all of the completed forms into separate files. You will upload these documents to your online application.
- Complete the online application and pay your fees. Apply Online